Wednesday, August 8, 2007

My Favorite Breakfast Nooks

Here are my top 5 places to enjoy breakfast:

1) Mimi's Cafe

205 Abilene St.
Aurora, CO 80012
(there are 2 other locations but this is the one I go to.)

This place is so cozy! The ambiance here brings satisfaction to all of your senses! The food is fantastic--just like your Grandma's cooking! I love their belgium waffles! The service at this location has been consistently superb and attentive.

2) Dozen's

236 W. 13th Ave.
Denver, CO 80204

This quaint restaurant located in the heart of downtown, serves the PERFECT selection of eggs! I am very picky when it comes to my eggs, and they consistently whip up the best in Denver--always moist; never too dry! Their service is sometimes hit and miss, from my experience, but I still enjoy coming here for the food and the atmosphere.

3) The Delectable Egg

200 Quebec St.
Denver, CO 80230
(They have other locations but this is the one I frequent.)

For an all-around great breakfast this place is pretty much close to perfect. Their eggs are also consistently moist, not too dry. They have really good flavored coffee and they have speedy service.

4) Racine's

650 Sherman St.
Denver, CO 80203

This restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The feel is one of an artsy, urban sophistication; but with no pretention. I like to come in, sit at the bar, order my eggs with a mimosa and enjoy being alive at this place. Their breakfast menu is not as comprehensive as some of the other "just breakfast" nooks but their quality is superb.

5) Denver Diner

740 W. Colfax
Denver, CO

This busy diner is located in the heart of downtown. I like to come here when I feel like people- watching or journaling. All walks of life frequent this little diner, from urban to suburban. The service is good and the food is great.

No comments: