Wednesday, May 18, 2016

Meadowlark Kitchen


 
A friend and I accidentally found ourselves in Hipsterville, also known as the Rino district of Denver. Due to Sunday afternoon baseball game traffic we were delightfully rerouted to the Meadowlark Kitchen
 
This place has been on my list of places to check out, especially to try the Meadowlark burger. And I will say it did not disappoint. For visual appeal I'd say it wins top place among Denver burger joints. Towering high with features such as poached egg, bacon, jalapeno sauce, and yummy cheese this burger tasted pretty darn great.
 In all honesty, it was the first time I have tried a burger with poached egg even though I've seen several places around town adding this feature. It was quite messy and eventually I ended up eating it with a fork.

 
The menu was small yet varied. My friend had the catfish (featured below).
 
 
The venue is fairly small in the front but has a large patio in the back.
It was pretty hoppin' when we were there.
If you find yourself in the Rino district, check out this cute artsy restaurant.
 




No comments: