Saturday, December 8, 2007

Better luck next time...





Well, I didn't see any moose...although its not for lack of trying! Several Grand Lake residents said that it is common to see moose walking through the middle of town every so often. I also talked with a ranger at Rocky Mountain National Park and she said that there are around 200 moose in north-central Colorado. And somewhere around 20-60 in the Kawuneeche Valley of RMNP, including the surrounding towns, such as Grand Lake. So, I guess I'll have to keep trying. Apparently the best times to spot them are dawn and dusk, although its possible to see them venturing out at anytime of day.

Anyway, all was not lost...I did manage to see a very cute and lonely coyote, which I've never seen in the wild before, along with the usual elk sightings (see pictures above).

No comments: