Saturday, September 20, 2014

It's That Time Again; Aspen Leaf Viewing!










Upon moving to Colorado I began to experience life amidst four seasons (although I will admit the Fall season is seemingly quite short here compared to the other three). There is something about the changing of the seasons that speaks to the soul. Obviously change is a natural part of life. But the way we are able to enter into each season.... and then to see it fade away....and the process in between...there is something about those transition points where you start to notice, for instance, the nights becoming cooler....or the sun going down earlier....the wildlife changing their routines...or the leaves changing their colors....perhaps it makes me feel a part of something greater than myself...and encourages me to be conscious of the world around me...in any case, I have come to love the four seasons (though I still am making peace with winter driving).

 My favorite season, that of fall, encourages me to look for the glorious beauty all around...to enjoy the moment for soon it will pass....as the golden, quaking aspen trees do their annual turning....in this often times dry, arid climate the splash of yellow, orange and lime are not unlike masterpieces to behold. Soon winter will be here...and the colors more monotonous...but for about 5 weeks in September/October we have the chance to witness nature at its peak color spectrum.


So, get out and let nature brighten up your soul!

I have posted before on popular places and sites: here and here.


And I will also list more of the same below:


(in no particular order...most of the locals know of these.....and basically if you notice that most of them are pass roads...therefore, if you basically just drive in the freakin' mountains right now you're going to see some awesome colors....)


1) Guanella Pass
2)Kenosha Pass
3) Kebler Pass
4) Boreas Pass
5) Peak to Peak Highway
6) Maroon Bells
7) Rocky Mountain National Park
8) Independence Pass
and many others....these are just my favorites but also popular one's

No comments: